The RSM and Allergy Academy’s hugely popular ‘food allergy’ study day is back. This exciting course will be a key event in the Allergy Academy’s 10 year anniversary celebrations. It is aimed at all health care professionals who see children and adults with food allergy in their day-to-day practice.
- To review recent food allergy research and its implications for clinical practice.
- Understand the basics of current theories of prevention and immunotherapy in the field of food
- Know about effective interventions during pregnancy and infancy to prevent development of food allergy
- Understand the role of immunotherapy in the management of food allergy
- Know about current research in the prediction, diagnosis, prevention and management of food allergy.
We are delighted to welcome international opinion leaders to speak on recent advances in food allergy research and its implication in clinical practice, including:
- Dr Adam Fox, Director of the Allergy Academy, outlining exciting new developments in the field of food allergy
- Dr Carina Venter, leading Paediatric Research Dietician, discussing the role of nutrition in the prevention and management of allergic disease from Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Ohio
- Dr Paul Turner, Clinical Senior Lecturer, exploring whether we can predict the severity of food allergic reactions.
Who should attend:
- General Practitioners
- Health visitors